As if the start of the week wasn’t tough enough, SAAS funding is over for the summer and partying over payday weekend might have left your bank account in a sorry state
To make matters worse, you still have to decide what to have for dinner. But don’t worry, we have the answer! Every Monday we’ll be bringing you a delicious, easy and cheap recipe to brighten up your Monday blues.
Kicking off the series is Talor from the blog ‘Cup of T’. She started posting way back in 2013 while she was studying Criminology at Northumbria University and is now living in Edinburgh, filming tasty recipes and reviewing the best food that Scotland has to offer. This week she shows us how to make Easy Chicken Burritos. Take it away Talor…
Talor Tries….Easy Chicken Burritos
STOP. DON’T ORDER THAT PIZZA, MAKE THESE INSTEAD.
This is a cheap, tasty and relatively healthy recipe so there is zero excuse not to make these, plus they are a good people pleaser. Impress your friends/family/partner/yourself (the most important one) and make this cheeky chicken burrito.
- Large tomato
- Large red onion
- 2 x garlic cloves
- Handful of coriander
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 x Avocado
- Small tub Greek yoghurt
- Wholemeal wraps (or whatever wrap you like)
- Packet of chicken thighs
Serves: between 4 – 6 wraps (depends on wrap size)
- Dice tomato
- Dice onion.
- Dice 2 x cloves of garlic
- Rinse coriander
- Chop coriander
- Put all above ingredients into a bowl
- Add pinch of salt and pepper and mix
- Open avocado (carefully) I slice right round the avocado lengthwise and then twist it open
- Slice the avocado (still in the skin) lengthways and then sideways to make squares
- Use a spoon to scoop this out and place on a plate
- You should end up with individual avocado squares
- Check chicken thighs for little bits of leftover bone (highly unlikely you’ll find any but always worth a check)
- Cut chicken thighs into small pieces
- If you have a George Foreman grill wack your chicken pieces on there, if not fry in a frying pan with a little bit of oil
- ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER HANDLING RAW CHICKEN
- Quick tip: pick out the biggest bit of chicken from the lot and cut in half to see if it is pink inside, if it is keep the chicken cooking for a couple more minutes (repeat if unsure) never ever eat raw chicken
- Microwave wraps (there should be instructions on the packet)
- pile on your chicken, salsa mix, avocado and drizzle on some greek yoghurt
- Wrap it up
Want more of this? We’ll be back next Monday with a one pound chicken and leek pie recipe – yes that’s right 1 quid! Until then you can get more amazing recipes from Talor and learn more about her over on her blog www.talorgilchrist.com.